Friday, May 27, 2011

26 Years of Prayer Finally Answered

My husband of 26 years died last month and I have been having the most intimate thoughts of love with the Father for my late husband. I loved him so much and truly respected the intensity of his love for God, me and our children and those whom God put in his path. He often came home beaming with a story of how he had brighten someone's day who was having a real bad day. Tom loved people, every stranger was a person he could engage in conversation and then cheer them up.

I am relieved and satisfied that Tom is dancing with Jesus and at peace in every way. Now I am beginning to see the depth of my love for him in the years of prayer invested for his life and healing. I never saw the the answer to my prayers until he was in the hospital dying. I felt the glory of God all around him and His grace abundantly over my life. I have not had one day where I have not praised God that Tom's broken heart is now completely healed. I never realized just how deeply I loved him until these past few days. I could have shown him more respect while he was with me but I did my best and I can hear Father God say, "Well done Carmen. You are my faithful servant." It is amazing how the painful memories keep fading and deeper revelations of the intensity of his love for me and our children keep coming. But most of all, these past 3 years Tom lost almost everything of material value and he still proclaimed, "I know this was all God's will and I know He loves me," and he continued to serve the Lord.

"Tom, you made me proud. You will be missed. I look forward to our dance in heaven. You are at the top of my dance card." Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment