Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Contend For Your Family"

This past year was highlighted most thoroughly by prayer and experiencing the reality of prayer with Father God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. In December 2008, I heard God say, "Contend with
Me."

I asked, "How do I contend with the Almighty God?"

"Contend for your family," was His reply. It amazes me I stopped asking Him questions for greater understanding. Ask, Ask, Ask must become my motto.

Well, I faltered through trial and error, contending for my family. And I am beginning to see much fruit in each of their lives. The last leg in our family tree yet to see results from this prayer vigil for my family is with my marriage and for inner healing of Tom's broken heart.

"Father God, we are created from the dust of the earth and our days are filled with futility and vain endevors. Occassionally, You remove the plank from my eye and I see clearly enough to keep quiet and hold my words. Yet, You require I answer You and give you my strong arguments of all that is in my heart."

"Reveal Your will that I might pray accordingly. Show me, Your servant, what it is You desire of me and what it is You would have me pray."

"Create in my marriage a clean heart and a right spirit. Restore unto us the beauty of Your glory for the ashes of years of conflict, pride and bitterness."

"The glory due You for accomplishing this would be tremendous in the communities of our home town and the town we invested the first 13 years of our marriage. When the many hear of Your great exploits in our marriage, glory and honor and praise will rise to Your throne on such a grand scale and I promise to go to each church fellowship to testify of the great healing and restoration You purposed on our behalf. All glory and honor is Yours and we will take none of it to ourselves. Many will marvel and many will dedicate their lives to You anew when their eyes behold our healed lives and marriage sanctified in the glory of Your Holy Spirit."

"In Jesus' name, AMEN."

No comments:

Post a Comment